Effective Date and Applicability; Introduction
The Policy applies to this Box Score Games, LLC (“Box Score”) mobile software platform (the “Application”). Please note that this Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties who may provide services or features in connection with this Application or who may receive from Box Score certain information collected through this Application.
We have arranged the presentation of the Policy such that you may view certain sections by tapping on the relevant section heading, or you may view the full text of the Policy by tapping on the final section heading titled “Full Policy.”
As you use the Application we want you to be clear how we’re using information that we collect from you (the “Information”) and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. Your privacy matters to us.
- What Information we collect, and how and why we collect it;
- How we use the Information;
- With whom we may share the Information;
- Choices we offer you in regards to the Information, including how to access and update the Information; and
- Information Storage and Security.
The Policy may change from time to time. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review (please see the link at the top of this section).
We Collect Information You Provide to Us
After downloading the Application, you are requested to provide personal and preference information, including your name, email address, birthdate, sex, Facebook ID, college alma mater, and favorite sports, sports teams and types of food.
We May Collect Information From Your Device and From Third Parties
We (or vendors acting on our behalf) use common collection techniques to collect information (the “Information”) from your device and from third parties about your activity while you are using the Application. This information includes:
- Device information We may collect device-specific Information, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers (“UDID”), and mobile network information including phone number.
- Location information In order to restrict the geographic area in which specific games are offered to only those businesses that have partnered with us, we collect GPS Informatino when you enter or attempt to enter a new game. We may also use cellular tower Information or web beacons to approximate your location.
[We may also get Information about you from third parties. For example, social media platforms may give us Information about you. We may combine Information we receive about you from third parties with Information we already have.]
How We May Use Information We Collect
- We may use Information to respond to your questions. When you contact Box Score, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing and to serve other users with the same or similar issues.
- We may use Information to help us improve. We may use Information we collect to get know you and your usage patterns of our games better, so that we can maintain, improve and develop new games for your enjoyment. For example, we might look at usage trends to ensure the Application is easy to use.
- We may use Information for our legitimate business purposes. For example, we might send you emails about your account.
- We may use Information for marketing purposes. For example, we may send you emails to inform you about our games and services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements. Third parties we work with may use your UDID to help us serve you with ads targeted to your interests. Please also see the following section titled “We May Share Information With Third Parties.”
- We may use Information as otherwise permitted by law.
We May Share Information With Third Parties
- With Entities or Persons in Order to Comply With Law or Protect Against Harm. We will also share Information with governmental agencies, investigatory bodies, companies, organizations or individuals outside of Box Score if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or
- With Partners that Offer and Sponsor our Games. Sharing the Information with the local businesses that offer our games and the advertisers that sponsor our games provides them the opportunity to know their customers better and to provide you with (and communicate with you about) the televised games and food and drink specials that you enjoy, as well as tailored advertisements in which you may be interested. We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
- With Companies Providing Services in Connection with the Application. For example, we may share information with FourSquare or Facebook when you “connect” with them. We may also share your information to vendors.
- For other reasons we may describe to you.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set forth in the Policy.
Your Choices About Our Collection and Use of Information
- You can opt out of providing certain information
- You can turn off or manage many of the tracking tools we use.
- You may opt out of marketing messages. To stop receiving our marketing emails, follow the instructions in any message you receive. You may also opt-out by emailing us directly.
- You can uninstall the Application. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling it. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Application.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
When using the Application, we will provide you with access to your personal Information through the “Settings” tab If that information is wrong, you may update or delete it, unless we must keep that Information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may decline requests to update, revise or delete personal Information that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects personal Information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete personal Information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove the Information from our backup systems.
We Store Information
Box Score processes Information using vendors whose equipment is located in many countries around the world. We and our vendors may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
We Use Standard Security Measures
We work hard to protect Box Score and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL
- Access control is locked down on our servers only allowing administrators to access the information.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Box Score Game employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.